Monday, October 17, 2011

"Mrs. Twit... I mean, Mrs. Pothier?"

Over my ten plus years of teaching, there have been many occasions when a student accidentally calls me "Mom" or "Gram."  It usually gets a chuckle from other classmates- especially the one (or two) time(s) that someone has referred to me as "Mr. B" (our one male teacher in the building).  But NEVER, EVER has anyone called me Mrs. Twit... well, at least not until last week!  After a reading workshop lesson that involved reading part of a favorite Roald Dahl book, The Twits, a student mistakenly called me Mrs. Twit.  I got quite a kick out of it... but let's hope it was ONLY because the story was still fresh in his mind.  ;)


 "Mrs. Twit was no better than her husband.  She did not, of course, have a hairy face.  It was a pity she didn't because that, at any rate, would have hidden some of her fearful ugliness.  Take a look at her.  Have you ever seen a woman with an uglier face than that?  I doubt it..."

Excerpt from The Twits, by Roald Dahl

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mrs. Pothier! Wes and I got quite a chuckle out of this...You don't have a glass eye, do you?

    ReplyDelete